Saturday, August 29, 2009

How to be Intersting?

Today I googled ‘how to be an interesting person’. Does this make me a little odd and exceptionally sad? I’d say so. However I feel encouraged because it all sounds very simple.
The first link up there was a fellow named Russ, and what does Russ suggest, you ask? Well it’s 10 simple steps:
1. Take at least one picture everyday.
2. Start a blog. Write at least one sentence every week.
3. Keep a scrapbook
4. Every week, read a magazine you’ve never read before
5. Once a month interview someone for 20 minutes, work out how to make them interesting.
6. Collect something
7. Once a week sit in a coffee-shop or cafe for an hour and listen to other people’s conversations.
8. Every month write 50 words about one piece of visual art, one piece of writing, one piece of music and one piece of film or TV. Do other art forms if you can. Blog about it
9. Make something
10. Read.

Hmmm I said to myself, that doesn’t sound too hard, but will someone back up his claims? I clicked the next link and met Ernest, Ernest Goodman and he had a list of 7 things…
get a hobby, start a campaign, go camping, teach yourself something new, read a book, go geek (In this he suggests starting sentences with basically…,actually…or technically…) and volunteer.

By the third link I was getting bored and didn’t read the whole thing but Essential life skills.net said that one can become an interesting person by cultivating a variety of interests, taking a genuine interest in others, reading more, staying on top of current events, and expressing your informed opinions. They also have a list of how to improve your personality, but I didn’t feel the need to click the link.


Moral of the Story


Should you run into me in the near future and I keep going on and on about how actually I was just camping, and basically I’ve started a new collection and how technically it’s not eavesdropping if they’re shouting their conversation in a coffee shop, make sure to tell me how interesting it all sound.

No comments: